The NEIMF is a not-for-profit corporation governed by Officers and a Board of Directors. Current board members include:
- Andrew Bisnet
- Curt Austin
- Rich Butler
- Karen Butters
- James Iacketta
- Karin Cook
The Festival Director is Andrew Bisnet.
Northeast Instrumental Music Festival
P.O. Box 408
Newcomb, NY 12852
The Northeast Instrumental Music Festival, originating in Burlington, VT, and held in that state for a number of years, moved to Lake Placid in 1986. The Festival brings together musicians of all ages, proving that music is a lifelong experience. Many students of past Festivals have pursued careers in music or music education, and almost 100% have continued to be active in music after high school graduation. Many members of the Great American Community Band have had or are still having active careers in the music profession. All continue to keep music as a major part of their lives.
Some members playing in the adult band under Col. Gabriel today are former members of the student Northeast All Star Concert Band.
Dr. Schultz was the founder of the Northeast Instrumental Festival. He was a professor of music at the University of Vermont, where he was Director of Bands for thirty years. An active guest conductor and adjudicator, he appeared throughout the United States. As founder of the American Winds Concert Band, he conducted over 200 concerts throughout Europe and received the Golden Meritorious Award form the Alliance for All European Music Societies. In this country, his prowess as a band director was recognized by election to the American Bandmasters Association.
These schools and directors participated in the 2011 All-Star High School Concert Band:
- Corinth Central School, NY - Carol Cutler
- Fair Haven Union High School, VT - Peter Roach
- Hunter-Tannersville Central School, NY - Angelo Mecca
- Lake George High School, NY - Amy Baker
- Long Lake Central School, NY - George Biffer
- Mechanicville High School, NY - Mike Jeffery
- Newcomb Central School, NY - Zhanna Pendell
- Poultney High School - Christina Roach
- Salem Central School, NY - Rich Butler
- Stillwater Middle/High School, NY - James Iacketta
The repertoire for the Great American Community Band for 2013 is:
- Emperata Overture - Smith
- Rolling Thunder - Fillmore/Gabriel
- Waggery for Woodwinds - Walters
- Badinage for Brass - Walters
- Triumphal March from Aida - Verdi/McAlister
- Symphonic Dance #3 Fiesta - Williams
- Stars and Stripes Forever - Sousa